WHO IS IMPACTED BY TOXIC EXPOSURE?
Exposure to contaminants or other environmental hazards is emerging as a major health issue for veterans of all generations.
The TEAM Coalition believes all contaminants should be recorded and each exposure must be classified by location and contaminant type.
- More than 2.7 million veterans are affected by Agent Orange.
- More than 15,000 veterans are affected by K2.
- More than 425,000 veterans are affected by Gulf War Syndrome.
- More than 3 million current and former servicemembers are impacted by toxic exposure during Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freed.
- More than 220,000 veterans enrolled in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Burn Pit Registry – all of whom served on or after 9/11 and were deployed to a base or station where open burn pits were used.
The Department of Veterans Affairs’ Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry allows eligible veterans and service members to document their exposures and report health concerns through an online questionnaire. If you were impacted, document your exposure here.